Every February, the Friends of the Library put on an annual book sale at the Benton County Fairgrounds. This year’s sale started last night (Friday) at 4:00 pm. Sadly, I wasn’t able to go last night and I probably missed out on some real treasures. Fortunately, I was able to make it this morning and picked up 19 old sci-fi/fantasy paperbacks for $1 each.
If anyone is in the area, they still have an enormous selection. Tomorrow, they are dropping their prices even further. You can get books by the box load for $5 a box!
Here’s a list of my new books:
- Andre Norton – Forerunner Foray
- Andre Norton – Merlin’s Mirror
- Andre Norton – Shadow Hawk
- Andre Norton – Sorceress of the Witch World
- Andre Norton – The Last Planet (Original Title: Star Rangers)
- Andre Norton – The Time Traders
- Andre Norton – The Zero Stone
- Andre Norton – Warlock of the Witch World
- Anthony Boucher (Editor) – The Best From Fantasy and Science Fiction, 8th Series
- Arthur C. Clark – Expedition To Earth
- Arthur C. Clark – Glide Path
- Emil Petaja – The Path Beyond the Stars
- Isaac Asimov – Nine Tomorrows
- Isaac Asimov – The Caves of Steel
- Larry Niven – Ring World
- Ray Bradbury – R is for Rocket
- Robert A. Heinlein – Have Space Suit – Will Travel
- Robert A. Heinlein – The Green Hills of Earth
- The Time Machine – H. G. Wells
Other than the two Heinlein books, I haven’t ever read any of these. In fact, most of these authors are new to me which makes them doubly interesting. I hope I like Norton, as I picked up eight of his books and two of those are sequels so I’ll have to find the ones that preceded them as well.
What I really wanted to find was the rest of Jack Vance’s Dying Earth series. They are surprisingly hard to find and high on my list of books I want to read. I may have to break down and get them off of Amazon or eBay.